Tuesday, August 19, 2008

country wisdom

We're on vacation!! On the long ride down here, we were alone in the car. That was a new experience! Charlie and I recalled many other similar trips, but most of those had 3 other characters in the mix! We have many great memories of vacation trips with kids creating all sorts of comedy, tragedy--general drama. :-) We remembered the southern style restaurant that was our traditional half-way treat--"Po' Folks". It featured checker boards on barrels on the expansive country porch, a player-piano swinging with country music just inside the door, and waitresses with fascinating southern drawls. One of my favorite trademarks was the placemat with pungent and pointed homefolk wisdom. There I got one of the best pieces of relational advice you'll ever hear. "Never rassle with pigs--you'll both get dirty, and they'll like it." :-) Hard to follow sometimes, but always wise.

1 comment:

Postmodern Boomer said...

I sat back in my chair and laughed out loud!! And I have repeated the country wisdom about 7 times already!
thanks for the best laugh I have had in quite a while!
bob cannon