Friday, April 10, 2009

This HOLY week; my un-whole life...

Last night was the commemoration of the Passover at Cornerstone. It was a beautiful, moving, thought-provoking service, remembering that night some 2000 years ago when Jesus willingly took on the sins of the world. The whole service grabbed my heart, but my heart nearly stood still as three actors told "their stories", explaining how life would be "were it not for Him."

My heart and mind took a significant detour. Where would I be, were it not for Jesus?

That thought humbles me and brings me to my knees this Good Friday morning.

His sinless HOLY life exchanged for my sinful UNHOLY Life.

His wholeness laid down for my brokenness.

It is staggering, and life-changing.

"Jesus Messiah, Name above All names, Blessed Redeemer, Emmanuel.
The rescue for sinners, the ransom from heaven...Jesus Messiah.
Lord of All...all our hope is in you,,,the Light of the World."


I put all my hope in this Rescue 40 years ago. Where would I be without Him? Thank God, I will never know.