Friday, February 27, 2015

Daystar, Shine Down On Me

Lord, in my little spot on the planet, the sun is slowly creeping up to chase back the shadows. In my frail humanity, some times things look different at night. I can see sinister shapes and hear minute noises. In the darkness, I could convince myself the Sun has abandoned me, forsaking my spot on the planet.

When it is dark emotionally, I often am the same. I am tempted to trust my perceptions because what is REAL is seems blocked. I wonder why the Son is so long in coming. I see my situation as dark and sinister. I lose touch with Who and what is truly REAL. 

You are the Bright and Morning Star. You are the Son of Righteousness. You NEVER disappear. You ARE reality. Even when my little spot in this wide world is momentarily moved, shifted for a season, You are still seeing me. You are still the Ultimate Reality and your love, wisdom, and power has no boundaries. You have made me for day and for night, and neither diminish or increase Who You are. YOU ARE Reality. Always.

I have friends in another spot on the planet who are just as loved as I am. As the day winds down and shadows lengthen for them, help these precious ones hold fast to Reality. May they know that they know the Son is shining. For those huddled in the dark night of the soul, hearing threatening sounds, deafening silence, afraid of what they feel---Daystar! Rise in their hearts with a glimmer of hope.

"Lord, I want to be Your witness--You can take what's wrong and make it right.
 Daystar, shine down on me, let Your love shine through me in the night.

 Lord, I see a world that's dying,
Wounded by the master of deceit,
Groping in the darkness,
Haunted by the years of past defeat;
But then I see You standing near me, Lord,
Shining with compassion in Your eyes.
Jesus, shine down on me,
Let Your love shine through me in the night.

Lead me, Lord, I'll follow
Anywhere You open up the door.
Let Your Word speak to me;
Show me what I've never seen before.
Lord, I want to be a witness
You can take what's wrong and make it right.
Daystar, shine down on me,
Let Your love shine through me in the night.

Daystar, shine down on me,
Let Your love shine through me in the night.
Jesus, shine down on me,
Let Your love shine through me in the night."(Steve Richardson)

The Sun of Righteousness is rising with healing in His Wings. That is what is REAL. Amen. Let it be so.

No comments: