Sunday, January 1, 2017

Fresh Sheets and a New Year

I love the feel of clean, cool,  crisp sheets. Slipping in between them makes me feel a little fresh and new myself. I love the feel of a fresh new year the same way. I feel hopeful, new, and clean in a way I feel no other time.

The new year is a great time for me to think new thoughts, pick up new habits and directions, and strengthen good ones. I'm going to share over the next few days some things that are helping me. Maybe they will stir something helpful in you, too. If you give some thought and prayer to your hopes, desires, and needs in these early days of 2017, you can work with God to shape your life.

MY ONE WORD: I have found that replacing resolutions with just one word that represents what I believe I most need to work with God to accomplish in me forces clarity and helps me truly focus my efforts. God works with me to transform my character and make me more like Jesus at a sustainable level. It bleeds into every area where I need change, and impacts all of my life. My ONE WORD for 2017 is INTENTIONAL. I want to live my life on purpose, by decision, not by default. What's your word?

MY VERSE FOR 2017: "Be very careful, then, how you live--not as unwise,but as wise, making the most of every opportunity." Ephesians 5:15  What's a verse that affirms your word?

MY PROMISE FOR 2017: "Being confident of this very thing, that he who began a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ." Philippians 1:6  What's a promise from God you need to count on all year?

MY ONE SENTENCE PRAYER: "Father, complete what you started in me."  What short prayer expresses the most consistent desire of your heart?

If you write them out and read them every single day, these words will sink into your soul and shape you. Words and thoughts have power. Use them well and wisely. Happy new year!




4 comments:

hayteac said...

My word is BELIEVE....I want to make sure I am living out my beliefs. Adding a scripture for the year is a great idea. Thanks for adding to my list of things to do!

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...

My word for 2017 is DWELL.

My verse is Psalm 91:2. "I will say of the Lord, 'He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'"

My promise is Psalm 91:14-16. “Because Robin loves me,” says the Lord , “I will rescue her; I will protect her, for she acknowledges my name. She will call on me, and I will answer her; I will be with her in trouble, I will deliver her and honor her. With long life I will satisfy her and show her my salvation.”
Psalm 91:14‭-‬16 NIV

May I always acknowledge Your Name, in the good times, in the not-so- good times.

Brenda said...

Awesome! May God give you great success as you believe and move forward. Sounds like to me great things are ahead.