Thursday, March 9, 2017

I AM WOMAN...HEAR ME....

Yesterday was International Women's Day. This woman wants to say something. :-)  One of my tendencies God has had to address with me is being a people-pleaser,  with a fear of being misunderstood. Unfortunately, too often, those are twin traits that are valued in women, although we lose ourselves and our best contributions when we have them. God has been faithful to love me patiently into exposing my authentic self, and it has been a wonderful journey. I am thankful to be HIS woman, THIS woman today.

I am a strong woman, a strong-willed woman. Not the "hear me roar" woman, but the "hear me" woman. Being a strong-willed woman is not a negative trait. (Little girl leaders are not "bossy" any more than a little boy leader is "bossy". Unfortunately, too often we think HE does it like a boss, SHE is bossy.) I am not a man-hater. Most of my great mentors have been male, and they are my colleagues, my friends. The men in my personal life are among my greatest encouragers and supporters.

I have never been rebellious, and I am fully capable of being quiet and compliant appropriately. I have a tight grip on submission, first to my Lord, and then mutual submission in relationships. I am willing to go first in the submission challenge. I can take orders very well, and when I work for someone, I will be their loyal employee.

I am not a pushover. I will never allow you to force my will. But you will be surprised at how easy it is to get along with me. I give my will freely. I have surrendered my free will to the One who gave it to me, and like him, no one takes my life from me. I have the authority to choose to lay my life down or pick it up again, and I work to choose in his wisdom. (John 10:17-18)

I have a deep desire to make a difference and I am willing to make the tremendous sacrifices to make sure my corner of the world is never the same again.

I love fiercely and loyally. I will never betray you, and will be cut to core when I suffer it from others.

Neutral is my least favorite gear, and I cannot coast for long. I need to be involved, doing. Waiting on the Lord is my greatest challenge.

I am almost impossible to ignore, not because I am in your face, but because unless God says a big NO, I rarely ever give up. Whatever I choose to do, I do with my whole heart. I have a compelling desire to do what is right and just, and it empowers me to overcome my fear of being misunderstood. I am able to admit that I am wrong, I am capable of sincere and deep repentance, and am usually the first to apologize and take responsibility in a conflict.

People think I am extraordinarily gifted, lucky, charmed. I AM blessed and anointed by God, but I am fairly ordinary, rarely lucky, and definitely not charmed. My life has had plenty of struggle and hard times, but as I focus on my Father, I recognize he has always had me. I am grateful for the head start my incredible family gave me, but I know it can be trashed and burned by one or two poor choices on my part, or by simply taking it for granted. People who think my life comes easy have no understanding or realization of the daily hard, hard work and perseverance and the depth of sacrifice that adds up to what they see.

I am a cork. I get hit with crisis and discouragement and initially it feels like it will overwhelm me. But before long, I pop back up to the surface and am ready to give it another go.
I am a crocus. I am generally among the first to take a risk and stick my neck out on the bleak landscape where nothing seems alive.

I draw my strength, my strong will from my best friend, my example, my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Every morning I wake with this confidence: "God is within her; she will not fall. God will be with her at break of day." Psalm 46:5

I am a bold, strong woman, in love with a bold, strong Savior. To all the many women who are like me, who read this and felt, "She is talking about me!", be encouraged! God created us this way for his great purpose. To all the men who love and encourage us and don't try to "tame" us, you are princes and kings, and I honor you. To all those who wish we would sit down, slow down, shut up, and shape up, don't hold your breath. We love you are and we ARE listening--just to a wiser Voice than your's.

"So God created human beings in his own image. In the image of God he created them; male and female he created them....and he saw that it was very good." Genesis 1:27,31

No comments: