Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Senior Moment



Charlie and I have the privilege of being speakers for a camp exclusively for senior adults this week. It's in Barker, New York, right on the shores of Lake Ontario. My goodness, it is beautiful here. My first thought a good while back when we were invited to do this was, "WHAT???? When did I get old enough to do that???" I didn't think there would be enough life in a gathering of senior adults for me.

Boy, was I wrong. This is a laugh-happy, full of the joy of the Lord gang. They are continuously active. The roof on the building where we eat and do a lot of things was put on largely by octogenarians. The window screens were installed by a man in his 90's. This group can rock.

Yesterday, Wayne McCown, a gentleman in every sense of the word, took Charlie and I out on his beautiful boat on the somewhat calm (teehee) Lake Ontario waters. It was a blast! We were thrilled! (OK---sheer truth forces me to own that Charlie was more green than thrilled, but it WAS beautiful and great fun..)

It the midst of all these "senior moments", I am reminded, "Age is a matter of mind. If you don't mind, it don't matter."

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I love it! Thanks for sharing (o: Love you both very much!

Alice Taylor said...

I think maybe Bob and I should move there!!! Sounds like alot of fun!

Cyndi Phillipz said...

Thanks for sharing Brenda! Beautiful pics..and "i don't mind!!" Love ya girlie!!