Monday, July 25, 2011

I MADE IT!


I was thrilled to be a participant in the Clear Blue Water Splash Dash 5k race. Hundreds of runners from all over the state and some from other states descended on Cornerstone for a scenic run/walk through Coventry township. Congrats to Sean Fremon and Bruce Oberlin, the genius brains behind the scenes. I heard many comments from experienced runners that this was the most organized race in some of the prettiest territory they had ever run in, but "Oh, the hills!"

I can identify. I had never participated in anything like this before, and yowzers! My calf muscles were screaming! But I am proud to say I received a medal, first in my class. I was the fastest pastor there. Of course, I was the ONLY pastor there, but...

It was really good for me in so m any ways. It was great to see the interest and support of our township people and public servants. It buoyed my confidence that I can do things I haven't done before (look out, guys!), it bolstered my desire to get into better shape. And it was great for my spirit,too. Just one little lesson from the race---hills and obstacles look far worse from a distance. If you stare at them long enough, you'll be defeated, positive you can never do it. But if you just start walking, you'll be surprised how you can make it. The hill shrinks as you grow.

1 comment:

shines223 said...

Congratulations to you!!!!!! You are always so positive and uplifting in so many ways. I haven't met too many people who look at things the way you do. I love your outlook on things....it makes me smile :)