Monday, February 23, 2009

Precious Memories

Jerricho's name means "walls come down." He sure could make that happen. With his sly smile and infectious personality, he was hard to resist, even if you WANTED to keep your distance. He provided me a one of a kind experience. A couple of years ago after he gave his heart to Jesus and began following Him to the best of his ability, Jerricho wanted to be baptized. Pastor Jim, who was baptizing with me, is "vertically challenged" like me. We have a hard time not getting completely soaked on a normal baptismal night. But THIS night when Jerricho gave his public witness, boy, what a witness! To congregational applause and laughter, he cannon-balled right into the pool! The water splashed well past our faces, and my hair was nearly as wet as at my own baptismal :-) Every year after that, Jerricho wanted a repeat performance. It's hard for me to believe Jerricho is face-to-face with Jesus now. His impulsive immaturity was captivating--but it took him from us far too soon. I am so glad for God's promises. Some day, Heaven. Till then, God's presence, and precious memories.

No comments: